We have been transforming gardens in the Uk and Perth since 2000, so rest assured you will be in good hands if you choose to book your landscaping project with a Dale stone contractor.
If you require full installation Dale Stone can recommend Landscapers they have subcontracted to over the years and ensure you get the right installer for your project.
We encourage feedback on all contractors to ensure our recommendations remain validated.
A few tips to get you started :-
1) Do some aspects of the work yourself or hire some labour to help. Why pay a qualified Landscaper to clear away sand. We can cart it away from the front for you. ( waste disposal prices on our price list)
2) Measure up prior to a contractor coming so you have an idea of quantities ( or bring in your plans to us). Be prepared to order a little more product for wastage.
3) Order your products first. – Any contractor who comes to quote and finds that you are ready to roll will be keen to get the quote back to you quickly and at the right price. Time is money.
4) Check ABNs are current and check your selected contractor has insurance.
5) Be prepared to pay the right price for the work- beware of low quotes as they are often there just to win a job and if they have not priced correctly you will suddenly find your self incurring extras or having a substandard rushed job.
6) Work from the back to the front where possible. Have an idea of your whole plan as doing work in the right order saves heartache and money.
7) If you had paving completed when you built dont feel you have to keep that paving in your alfresco, it can be laid elsewhere such as the side of your property . When you build the selection is limited that is included by the builder- take a look at other choices available when you come to complete your Landscaping.
8) Avoid rough pavers if you have children.
9) Limestone and natural stone products stay cooler than concrete and clay pavers in general.
10) Draw your design on graph paper to scale- this will highlight any flaws in your design and avoid any misunderstandings with your contractor. You can even down load Sketch up for free and use their design tools.
11) Many contractors are excellent at what they do, they do it every day and are skilled and experienced tradesmen. However they are that busy working in gardens they generally do not have the time to advise on selections, price variances ,colours, design ideas etc. That is where we come in- you can see all the options under one roof and put the selections together before they are installed in your garden.
12) Check with your contractor they are taking away all waste- you don’t want to be left with off cuts of paving or grass at the end.
13)Think of the future- This includes resale and as your needs change. Eg a sandpit that can easily become a planter, put road base under your artificial grass at the front so it can be parked on, put in conduits for retic to the rear before you pave, plan any lighting and put in electric conduits.
ADVANTAGES TO ORDERING PRODUCTS YOURSELF
- You are in control of your project and know when deliveries are arriving.
- In most cases you may not have to pay a deposit to the contractor as the deposit is usually for products (some may take a stage payment towards labour,especially on larger projects.)
- You are aware of all quantities required.
- You can take advantage of discounts.
- You get an opportunity to see the actual product you will receive.
- You can stagger your budget by ordering products in stages or paying off gradually.
- Any relevant Warranties will be in your name.
- You know where it was purchased if you wish to purchase more at a later date.
- Reduce delivery fees by ordering items together.
- Any products left at the end belong to you.
- Access advice from the store you are purchasing from first.
- Quoting is easier as you have already organized the products
- If you wish to change contractor this may be an option as there has been very little outlay (we often hear people say that after several changes on start dates they wish they had chosen another contractor but they cant change now as the deposit has been paid)
- At Dale Store we offer FREE design advice so bring your plan in and we can save you making expensive mistakes that can easily be made if making decisions on the spot. Be in control of your Landscape project.
Come and have a no obligation chat today and we can assist with your DIY project or products for installation by your selected expert or advise which of our recommended contractors is the best selection for your particular project.
All our recommended contractors will also assist with quantities and offer free quotes.
Open 6 days a week. 5/281 South Western Highway, Armadale. ( Between Byford and Armadale)