Rubber mulch prevent evaporations and reduces weeds but unlike organic Mulch will not rod down over time so is perfect as a long term solution that gives the effect of natural mulch.
So, what are the rubber mulch pros and cons? Here are just a few:
- It’s long lasting and doesn’t fade: Rubber mulch lasts much longer than traditional wood chip mulch. Rubber mulch lasts from 10-20 years.
- It locks in moisture: This will keep the soil (and your plants) happy, while also helping to keep your water bills down.
- It’s non-toxic: Okay, so rubber mulch won’t break down to add nutrients to the soil like garden mulch will, but its non-toxic covering and environmentally friendly recycled production makes up for this.
- It doesn’t attract termites: Termites love wood.
- It’s portable: So if you move house, you can just rake up your rubber mulch and take it with you. Too easy!
Black Mulch: $30/12.5kg bag covers 1sqm at 40mm depth
Brown Mulch: $33/12.5kg bag covers 1sqm at 40mm depth
Green Mulch: $33/12.5kg bag covers 1sqm at 40mm depth